You are a German indie developer with travel expanses to an international fair? Then you might be eligible for the funding program of Kreativ-Transfer that supports actors in the fields of games, performing arts and visual arts in establishing and expanding their international network in order to improve their visibility on the international market.
Specifically, Kreativ-Transfer promotes participation in international fairs and festivals. This should enable artists, creatives and their representatives to present their work, make new contacts and find co-producers and clients.
Kreativ-Tranfer funds travel expenses to attend individually selected events as well as participation in a group trip to the Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco. A maximum of three trips may be requested in total.
Examples of eligible costs:
- Travel or airfare costs
- Accommodation costs
- per diem allowance
- registration and stand fees, if applicable
- advertising material
- CO2 compensation payments
- Travel expenses for an additional accompanying person in the case of grantees who are unable to travel unaccompanied due to physical and / or mental limitations or due to necessary childcare.
Applications are open to indie developers and representatives of developer studios and teams who:
- have their current headquarters in Germany
- have no more than 20 permanent employees,
- professionally develop innovative and creative games and are their creators, and
- are not yet financially able to present themselves at important events.
Find out more about the program and application process here (in German only).