On May 22nd and 23rd 2018, an abandoned prison of Kakolan Lääni in Turku, Finland is turning into a unique festival venue with business program, as well as art installations, performances and music. The festival has grown in just few years into a remarkable forum addressing the sustainability and ethics of technological development, this year attracting 4000 tech developers and industry leaders.
This is Your invitation to join the forefront!
Here are some of the highlights of the keynotes:
- Bestselling author of Superintelligence, Ph. D., AI philosopher Nick Bostrom
- Bestselling author of Weapons of Math Destruction, Ph. D., data activist Cathy O’Neil
- Bestselling author of Scale, Ph. D., theoretical physicist Geoffrey West
- CEO and founder of Curious AI, Harri Valpola
All speakers: www.theshift.fi/speakers
- AI in Maritime Industry track with world #1 maritime cluster, e.g. Meyer, Rolls Royce, MacGregor, Wärtsilä
- Showcases of breakthrough technologies from groundbreaking startups, e.g. Halo Neuroscience, Beyond Verbal and Sentient Technologies
- Captivating art performances by indigenous artists such as House of Khronos, the prestigious Turku Philharmonic Orchestra and many more
You can check out more of the program on SHIFT’s website.