On June 21st Indie Cup Germany’22 opened its doors to independent game developers from Germany. Indie Cup Germany’22 is a fully online indie games festival that features a digital showcase, jury feedback and awards, and, of course, valuable prizes – and it is dedicated to upcoming indie games made in Germany. Developers can submit their projects in a 4-week submission window, till July 18th. PC and mobile titles are accepted and participation is 100% free.
Indie Cup Germany’22 schedule:
- Submission Period: 21 June – 18 July
- Digital Showcase: Starting 28 July
- Jurying Phase I: 22 July – 31 July
- Jurying Phase II: 3 August – 16 August
- Finalists Reveal: 9 August
- Winners Announcement: 18 August
The games will be evaluated by experts from tinyBuild, Focus Entertainment, Fellow Traveller, NVIDIA, Unreal Engine, Chucklefish, Wargaming, and many others. Game journalists and influencers will also evaluate all accepted submissions in the Critics’ Choice Award category.
Among Indie Cup prizes, are powerful NVIDIA RTX graphic cards, a $5000 grant, tickets to conferences, services, and more.
Indie Cup Germany’22 features the following categories:
- Grand Jury Award for the best overall entry;
- Rising Star Award for emerging developers;
- Critics’ Choice Award, selected by a panel of game journalists and influencers ;
- Unreal Engine Award and Unreal Spotlight Award for the best and most promising Unreal Engine game, respectively;
- Most Charming Game by Chucklefish;
- Xcellence Award by Xsolla.
About Indie Cup
For the last 6 years, Indie Cup was (and hopefully will be again) the largest indie developers contest in Eastern Europe. More than 450 games participated in the cup annually, the contest gathered 1499 games, 89 of which became winners.
10% of all sponsorship proceeds from Germany’22 will be donated to Come Back Alive and other organizations supporting Ukraine.