Ukraine is rapidly emerging as a global tech hub boasting world-class ICT talent. Kyiv produces more than 16,000 highly skilled, entrepreneurially-minded graduates every year, many of whom already founded their own startups alongside their university studies.
International tech giants are choosing Kyiv as prime research and development location. GlobalLogic is one example. A full-cycle software developer, they employ 12,000 globally. 2,500 engineers are based in four R&D centres across Ukraine, including Kyiv.
Exciting new creative tech initiatives have sprung up around the city recently, including UNIT.City, the Creative Enterprise Quarter, the Technology Companies’ Development Centre, Kiev Smart City Hub, VDNH Tech and Lightfield Production. This great mix of talent, international companies, and dynamic spaces provides a fertile environment for Ukrainian startups to grow, many of which are now enjoying international success, among them: Jooble, PaymentWall, Augmented Pixels, Sixa, Terrasoft, MacPaw, Genesis and Depositphotos.
As part of the BerlinBalticNordic.net programme, media:net invites companies from the greater Berlin-Brandenburg region to join in a 48h trip to Kyiv, 19-20 September 2019. You only pay your travel expenses (flight & hotel), the programme (including meals that are part of the programme) is on us.
Together with Creatives Loop International in Berlin, our local partner Fedoriv Hub will coordinate a great programme from their dynamic, futuristic location in central Kyiv. Participants will have the opportunity to delve into Kyiv’s tech ecosystem and meet with globally active companies from the creative ICT sector. The packed two-day programme will offer company visits to startups and corporates including names like UNIT.City, OLX, or AJAX. There will be the chance to pitch to emerging talent and potential business partners, to network and to make valuable new business contacts.
Reasons to join us!
- Ukrainians are quick technology adapters, are highly skilled and have an entrepreneurial approach to business
- Kyiv is home to more than 1,000 startups and product companies operating in the tech field
- The talent pool of IT professionals in Kyiv comprises 26,000+
- An average developer in Kyiv 2,000 to 2,500 USD per month
- Ukrainian export software development sector is one of the fastest growing segments of the country’s economy, with revenues exceeding 3.6 billion US dollars in 2017
- Relevant topics include: Software Development, Outsourcing IT Services, Cybersecurity, E-Commerce
- 38+ academic tech institutions in Kyiv producing 16,000+ tech graduates per year
- 50+ international R&D centres in Kyiv
- High English proficiency in the IT sector in Kyiv
- Today Ukraine is a #1 software engineering force in Central and Eastern Europe
- Easy market access, regular low-cost flight routes between TXL/SXF – Kiev-Boryspil
- 18/100 best information technology companies worldwide were operating out of Ukraine, including 12 founded by Ukrainians (International Association of Outsourcing Professionals)
|FEDORIV is an independent creative company based in Berlin and Kyiv. We create and develop brands and provide consulting services on change & innovations management. Our key competence includes FMCG, retail and e-commerce, real estate development. You can learn more about us at www.fedoriv.com|
|FEDORIV Hub – is a unique and special place in the heart of Kyiv. The project of the international creative company FEDORIV, it has become a favorite meeting place for entrepreneurship, creativity, and innovation. Hub is a public multimedia space for events of any format, from presentations and conferences, to project launches and corporate parties. We are interested in everything that lies at the intersection of business and creativity. We perform, moderate, organize forums and conferences. We invite speakers from all over the globe, hold private workshops for our customers and partners.|
|Creatives Loop International is an award-winning International Business Development consultancy with a focus on Media and Tech, based in Berlin and London. We are a long-standing member of media.net berlin-brandenburg and are part of the advisory committee of BerlinBalticNordic.net, supporting media.net in the organisation of several 48h visits to partner countries.|
Contact Mirjam Bendin Bendin@medianet-bb.de or Nicola Pinder email@example.com.